Friday, April 20, 2012

Curiosity Didn't Kill Anyone! Lemon Plums?

I happened upon these cuties at my local health food store!

Lemon Plums


I guess this fruit gets its name because the top is pointed like a lemon, but the color is not really yellow at all.

Whatever...it was delicious. 

 This little gem was super juicy and super sweet!  All of them were consistently fantastic, unlike my hit or miss experiences with regular plums.  All in all, it was the best plum I've ever had.  I even shared (reluctantly).  :)

They are not regularly found in the grocery store, but if you happen upon them give them a try!  You won't regret it.


On the other hand, if you can't find them and you want to pretend you had Lemon Plums, try this recipe!  It's great!!



Lemon Plum Sorbet


Here's the verdict!!


Me - It's sooo good!  The plum flavor really intense, and definitely reminded me of the Lemon Plum!
J (Husband) - "Very good! I want some, but a small bowl of it."

Miss J - "If you've never had a Lemon Plum before, this is what you would expect it to taste like!  It's best in small servings, I wouldn't eat a big bowl of it like somebody (JB was the culprit, of course.  :) )."

JB - (He could barely wait for it to chill, was the first one to try it, and had the most servings) - "It's good!  The plum flavor is really strong, in a good way!"  


Have you ever tried a Lemon Plum?

Please comment, share and follow!!! I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy...did you find them at Earth Fare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I did find them at Earth Fare. I just left there and they didn't have them in though. When I spot them again, I'll be sure to send out at Lemon Plum sighting message!!

    ReplyDelete