Monday, March 19, 2012

Organic Basil

Organic Basil

MINI - POST: This weekend we tried an HERB...

Disclaimer: I do realize I am EXTREMELY late with this one.  Believe it or not, I had never cooked with Basil.  I know...I know....how could I have gone through life and NEVER (knowingly) tried Basil???? 

Well...craziness abounds!!

I was afraid I would hate Basil, so I never bought it, much less considered growing it...until today!

Sidenote: My parents are very patient people.  Most of the things I'm trying for the first time, they've eaten for years.  Moving right along...


I LOVE BASIL!!!

Basil is AWESOME!!!

First up...Pesto! (I do realize that I was probably the only person on earth who had never eaten pesto, so...humor me.)

My daughter took over on this one and made Pesto using this recipe:



This recipe was awesome!  She swapped out the walnuts for toasted almonds and added the pesto to Linguine and Shrimp to make...

Shrimp & Pesto Linguine!
There's no specific recipe for this one, but here's what I did.

Cooked Linguine to al dente.
Cooked shrimp in a saute pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Tossed Linguine, shrimp & pesto in the saute pan to combine the flavors.

That's it! (Leave me a comment if you need more help!)



The Verdict once again!!!

Denise (That's Me!) - Winner!!! I love it!  I'm allergic to seafood, so I just had the pasta and pesto. This is a new favorite! Thumbs way up!!! :)
J (Husband & Pescatarian) -  Loved it! :) "I could get used to this!" 
Miss J (Daughter -15) - Loved it!  No seafood for her either!  She added tomatoes for extra flavor! 
JB (Son  10) - Loved it! "Let's have this more often!" :)

2 comments:

  1. Pesto is AWESOME! We use that .... on EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get more basil tomorrow! I can't stop thinking about Pesto!!!

      Delete