Monday, March 26, 2012

Asian Pear

Our first fruit is the Asian Pear!



We eat lots of fruit in our home, so they're aren't too many we haven't tried. 

The Asian Pear, was one fruit we were all excited to sample!

 Asian pears are rich in Fiber and Vitamin C, so they're good for your eyes, your heart and your colon!

I decided to make a garden salad, place Asian Pear slices on top, and drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette.

I recommend peeling the pear, the skin was a bit bitter and tough.

The garden salad consisted of: red peppers, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, julienned carrots, red onion, celery, cucumber and a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence. 

Asian Pear Salad with Herbs de Provence
I must have put the Herbs de Provence on the salad after I took the picture.  Take my word for it.  It's absolutely perfect on a salad!

 The salad was delicious!!!

We all liked the Asian Pear!

Here's what everyone said!

 Denise - I thought it was delicious!  It reminded me of really sweet Jicama.  It had a bit of a crunch to go with a sweet pear and apple flavor.
J said - It's good!  It has the texture of watermelon with a pear flavor,
Miss J - It's really good, like a cross between a pear and an apple!
JB - It was like a jicama, apple, pear, watermelon.  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment