Friday, March 9, 2012

Good Stuff #1 - Olive Oil & Ravioli



I happened upon these two products and I LOVE them!!!


First up....

Amphora Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Whenever I watch Food Network (Ina Garten specifically), and a chef says, use "Good" olive oil, I always wonder...what is "Good" olive oil?  Well, THIS is "Good" olive oil!!!

This olive oil smells so fresh, fruity, and delicious, I had to stop using it for cooking!!

THIS olive oil, ONLY gets used for salads and toasted crusty bread.
 
Believe it or not, I found this gem at my local Marshalls/ Homegoods store for $7.99 in the specialty food section!  Amazon.com carries it in a pack of 6, for $65.94/ $10.99 per bottle.

Note:  If you live near me, don't bother checking the Marshalls closest to my house. They only had two bottles and I sort of cleaned them out.  :)


Next:

Rozzano Organic Spinach & Cheese Ravioli


These ravioli are DELICIOUS!!!

Confession: The first time we tried these, J had requested fried Tilapia for dinner.  Soooo....since I had the fryer out, I thought I would put some breading on a few of those babies and toss them in the fryer.    I know it's just wrong to deep fry ravioli.  I know I'm trying to be healthy.  BUT, I could not resist!  (sigh)  Don't do it people.  Just don't. THEY WERE SO GOOD GUYS!!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!!! They puffed up beautifully.  The blend of cheese and spinach was perfect.  So much so, that I could barely taste the spinach. :)  Miss J even liked them (and that's saying something).  Moving right along...

You can boil these in a pot of boiling water and toss them in tomato sauce.  I never did this, but I'll bet it's good.

Or... you could dip them in milk.  Toss them in Italian Bread Crumbs.  Spray them with a bit of olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet at 375 degrees until they are brown, crispy and delicious.  That's what I did!!!
 
The kids and I dipped them in Marinara Sauce and they were part of a delicious lunch!
I bought a two pack of these at BJ's Club for $9.99!

That's all for now!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment