Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Organic Rainbow Chard

 
Rainbow Chard....The First Veggie!!!




Why Chard? 

 Chard is super healthy!  It's a member of the beet family and is full of vitamins and phytonutrients (healthy stuff).  It's good for your heart, helps regulate blood sugar, and is antioxidant rich.  Chard is also full of vitamins A, K & C. (Source: The World's Healthiest Foods)


 The first application was a green smoothie.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but that's OK, because it was greenish brown and looked pretty gross.  It won't go into a smoothie again, the flavor was way too....well...green. 

Next, I tried this recipe:




I really enjoyed preparing this recipe!  It was fun and easy to make.  I love to chop, saute and all that, so I had a blast! The chard was flavorful and I thought it was beautiful!  Unfortunately, the taste reminded me of cabbage, which I don't really care for.  So, if you're a fan of cabbage...go for it!  You'll love it!

Here are the results: 

 
Denise (That's Me) - I wasn't crazy about it.  I'd eat it again, but not cheerfully.
 
J (Husband) - He liked it!  Thumbs up!

Miss J (Daughter and pickiest eater next to me) - Thumbs down.

JB (Son) - Thumbs up! "That's pretty good!"
 

3 comments: